fredag den 10. juni 2011

Joani the tantric guru part 1

So...first post on this blog and first post in English.

The tags pretty much sum up the Character i'm gonna play : Tantric Guru in the 80's in a realistic larp.

Today i'm gonna experiment with some bodywork that I have seen friends do for real life, but never used for a Larp. The Character I am working on is gonna be in a highly sexual relationship with her husband, and I want to do work with the role, that enhances that relationship but also makes it very much a part of the Character and not me. I don't want to pull "Close to home" and "bleed" tools into it. It would be a lot easier to meditate on my co-player and project my feelings for real-life partners onto him, but I want to do the hard work for this one.

The first thing I am gonna try is basically an almost full body-shaving. I've shaved my legs in periods ever since i turned tween, but the removal of arm and bodyhair is not something that I associate with feeling like me. I had a friend that used to do it, and combined with oil it made her skin feel smooth and alien and if I find a trademark smell for a bodyoil, I will write my co-player so he can have an idea of Joani's smell if he wants to.

I ordered 3 pairs of sunglasses in very distinct and different styles, and they will either be used for every year or fit one of the styles Im gonna end up using for her clothing.

I've found a lot of audiobooks on spiritual topic's, but I think I have to find some videos an possibly some courses with some charismatic gurus on there.

More Bodywork. The hair! Omg...Well... I was first going to go to a hairstylist and pay the expensive danish dollars to get it done pro, but my Mum insists that a bit of spray and teasing will make it poofy and very 80's...i don't know if it is a compliment, but it is a lot cheaper.

I have an ad from Dove from 81 that is my main inspirationpic, but the clothing that I really want to find, isn't easily scavenged here in Cph. So... I'm working on the body first, and then hoping to dress it by luck or a twist in opportunities.

Observations I have on my to-do list is to find examples of people with a feeling of superiority and see how they handle confrontation and rejection. I don't think Joani is going to be incredibly aware of her face, so I want to work some layers of emotion into her mimic, but I want some fieldwork to lay the ground for how it will end up being expressed.

Gonna skype with my coplayer, gonna do some soundbites of Joani doing some sort of spiritual guided meditation for the players that knows her work and get an idea of, how her skin feels.

More to come :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar